Avocados are filled with omega-3 fatty acids and natural vitamin E, which are both great for your brain. For instance, the omega-3 fatty acids play a key role in optimising many facets of brain functions, from depression, cognition, and memory to mental health. The recent studies have proved that omega-3’s possess antidepressant and neuroprotective properties. One important study has found that aging humans who consumed more omega-3s had increased gray matter brain volume and the most new tissue development was observed in the part of the brain that is associated with happiness.
The brain is especially rich in lipids (fats and other fatty compounds), which makes them highly susceptible and vulnerable to oxidative damage from free radicals. Also, because brain consumes high amount of oxygen, it is highly vulnerable to oxidative damage. Therefore, brain needs great deal of antioxidants to safeguard from oxidative damage. And, vitamin E is one of the best antioxidants around. It is exceedingly elemental in protecting cell membranes (which are fatty in composition) from oxidative damage caused by free radicals.
- Keeps You Smart
- Reduces Cholesterol
- Assists in absorbing other nutrients
- Relieve symptoms of arthritis
- Looks after your eyes
- Loaded with fiber
- Helps you lose weight
- Full of potassium
- Good for pregnant women
- Loaded with nutrients
- Add to your smoothies to enrich your diet
- An avocado paste can be applied to rashes and rough skin to soothe and smooth.
- To make a face mask, mash a ripe avocado with a little olive oil and apply to the skin.
- Avocado oil can be used as a base oil for massage.
- Eat regularly for digestive and circulatory problems.
- The flesh of a ripe avocado soothes sunburned skin.
- Excellent restorative food, particularly during convalescence
- Helps with skin disorders
- Used to treat circulatory problems